My Photo
Name:
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands

Tuesday 27 May 2008

Another datapoint of the power of declarative thinking

From: XRX: Simple, Elegant, Disruptive

(XForms on the client
REST interfaces
XQuery on the server)

"I was working on a project with real-estate transactions that had many associated complex real-estate forms. Traditional methods required approximately 40 inserts into separate tables within a relational database. The use of XForms and eXist resulted in one line of XQuery code:

store(collection, file, data)

That was it. Simple. Elegant.

I was hooked. After spending over 20 years building applications with a variety of procedural languages I found my preferred architecture. I have seen the power of XForms and eXist and can't conceive of returning to my procedural programming ways."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home